Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Did we forget?

So I was listening to the radio on the way home tonight, and they brought up todays memorials. Then they opened up the lines to callers to discuss are we mourning this too long? People were calling in saying "it is time for us as a nation" to move on.

I think they should ask those that lost family friends or loved ones in WWI, WWII, at the Pearl Harbor, in Viet-nam, the Korean War, or countless other "police actions" that we have been involved in when it is okay to quit remembering. I think this nation is too caught up in too many other things to remember.

They came.
They killed.
And they did it on our turf.
They took out innocent people.
And those people deserve to be remembered!

My heart, my prayers and my condolences go out to all of those families who lost, not only in 9/1/1 but to all those families of our military who have been lost fighting to get the man who did it. And fighting other atrocities.

No comments: