Monday, February 9, 2009

Things I have recently learned

So I have learned a few things since becoming a homeowner.
  • whoever coined the term "paint the town red" has NEVER actually painted anything red.
  • when painting red someone will track it over the light colored carpets.
  • some people think it is a good idea to store their dish towels in the dryer vent.
  • I am not one of those people.
  • the best way to remove that towel is with half a curtain rod.
  • I need a cordless drill.
  • the shower door is smarter than I am.
  • 26 kitchen cabinet knobs are expensive.
  • leaves take up a lot of space in lawn bags. you can never have enough.
  • boxes will multiply if you leave them unattended.
  • Home Depot and its staff are your friends.
  • those friends will rekey your locks to a new key for $5 per lock.
  • that is WAY cheaper than calling a locksmith.
I am sure I have learned more and as I think of it, I will share.

1 comment:

Council Family said...

Unless you want to come home to a totally destroyed garage and have to retile your basement, update your master bath and deal with a big fat mess, it is a good idea to TURN OFF your water if you leave your house in the winter!!!