Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Oops I forgot the popcorn story!!!

Jman is utterly embarrassed by this and screams at me everytime I tell it........ so of course being the great mom I am, I keep telling it.

For the first few weeks here (after my stuff was here and we were moved in) I didn't have a microwave. The house in FL had one built in so I didn't need one. Well you never realize how much they do for you until you don't have one.

SO for Valentine's Day (yes I have no life) I bought myself a microwave. It is very nice and pretty and white and has a round inside and lots of other cool features. What it does not have is an internal smoke detector.

Saturday after V-day the cable guy comes to set up our cable internet and phone.......... you guessed it, someone (not me) got HUNGRY. He asked for popcorn. I told him to wait and I would make lunch. Well he didn't wait.

He put a snack sized bag of popcorn into our brand new microwave......... and proceeded to turn it on for 45 minutes. You guessed it............ he fell on his butt on the way to turn it off when we realized that there was SMOKE and LOTS of it!!!! I had windows open, fans on......... everything.

2 comments:

The Nassars said...

so is your new microwave ok? And how long did it take for the smell to go away??
And did Jman ever get his lunch??? so many unanswered questions!!! :)

Council Family said...

OK; time for a new update slacker!!
Hope all is well in VA...is Jman liking his new school and church? Tell me more, tell me more!!! AC